- About the School
- Info & News
- Educational Support
- GEMS Library
- Lincoln Community Libraries
- Main Office
- Health Services
- Support Services
- Staff Resources
The Glen Edwards Middle School Sports Program cannot operate without the support of students, staff and our parent group. There are many expenses the program incurs such as league fees, referee expenses, uniform and equipment upgrades. Without these items our sports program cannot survive. If interested in supporting GEMS Athletics please submit the following VAC form to the GEMS office. Our students and athletes are thankful for any support you may be able offer.
- Fall: Flag Football (7/8 Co-ed); Girls Volleyball (7/8); Cross Country (6/7/8 Boys and Girls); and Roller Hockey (6/7/8 Co-ed)
- Winter: Boys Basketball (7/8); Girls Basketball (7/8); Wrestling (6/7/8 Co-ed); and Roller Hockey (6/7/8 Co-ed)
- Spring: Girls Softball (7/8); Track (6/7/8); Boys Volleyball (7/8); and Roller Hockey (6/7/8)
Students are highly encouraged to try out for sports each season. Participation increases health, friendships are found, and the experience builds character.
Code of Conduct for GEMS Players and Guests
At Creekside Oaks Community Center
*Note: The Community Center is a place of business, so please represent GEMS in a positive and respectful manner!
- Restrooms are NOT to be used as locker rooms. You must dress down at GEMS, prior to arrival.
- Players are NOT allowed in the building until the coach arrives
- Practices are closed sessions. Friends may not come to watch or hang around outside.
- The foyer is a "no stop zone." Only walk through. Again, quietly!
- No slamming or kicking doors
- No running in the hallway
- Backpacks are to be stored in the gym along a wall/bleachers, NOT in the foyer/hallway
- Please do not go into the office asking to use their phone or request first aid supplies
- Treat all adults with kindness and consideration
This is a school event, so school rules still apply!
- Follow the dress code (double check hats/sagging/colors/tank tops)
- No gum, no gum, no gum!
- No bikes/scooters/skateboards allowed inside the building
- When the event or game is over, please leave the premises immediately.
- Loitering is not allowed before, during, or after a practice or game.
- Choosing to behave inappropriately will result in a detention, referral, or suspension
Western Placer Unified School District desires to provide a safe school environment that allows all students equal access and opportunities in the district's academic and other educational support programs, services, and activities. The Board prohibits, at any district school or school activity, unlawful discrimination, harassment, intimidation, and bullying of any student based on the student's actual race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, age, religion, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or gender expression; the perception of one or more of such characteristics; or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
Western Placer Unified School District desea ofrecer un ambiente escolar seguro que permite a todos los estudiantes igualdad de acceso y oportunidades en el distrito escolar de apoyo a la educación y otros programas, servicios y actividades. La Junta prohíbe, en cualquier escuela del distrito o actividad escolar, discriminación ilegal, el acoso, la intimidación y el acoso de un estudiante basado en su raza, color, ascendencia, origen nacional, grupo étnico, edad, religión, estado civil o condición de padres, discapacidad física o mental, sexo, orientación sexual, género, identidad de género o expresión de género; la percepción de una o más de estas características; o de la asociación con una persona o grupo con una o más de estas características reales o percibidos.